Sunday, April 29, 2012

No Where is Safe

There's a several reasons I don't work Saturday nights. I don't make very much money on Saturdays because there are too many people, and I get overwhelmed. There's so much drama between the girls. I hate the men that are there. There's a possibility of seeing guys from school.

My college, like every other college, has fraternities and sororities. Our Greek is exclusive to my college and not national, so it's a bit quirkier than at other schools. The Greek groups are known by their names rather than their letters. The group I'll be talking about will go by the name of... Hawks.

The Hawks are mostly guys that play on the football team. They are big and mean. And extremely sexist, racist, and every other discriminatory thing you can think of, plus some. Their nickname is "The Rapists" on campus. No joke, their assholes.

I feel like I had good reasons to not work Saturday nights, but about a month and a half ago I was given an even better reason not to work weekends. I was planning on working a double at the club that day, a Saturday. I was at lunch with a friend. Dressed in sweatpants and a t-shirt. I walked by the Hawk table when they started saying "It's hard to believe that... is a stripper." "I'm looking forward to visiting her tonight." "I'm gonna take her back and do her for all she's worth." "She's gonna suck my dick till her mouth bleeds." "She'll only look hot on her back." Then they all started chanting "Stripper" over and over again. To say the least it wasn't the most pleasant lunch I've ever had. Being in the occupation that I am, we do get used to hearing things like that. Usually it's a bunch of guys talking crap and it's nothing to worry about. With the Hawks, I don't want to take any chances. I ended up not going to work that day, and I haven't been to work on a Saturday since.

I'm not a girl that is easily scared by men, but I also have heard enough scary stories from friends that I don't want to take my chances. I also have no desire to relive painful parts of my past.

I am a huge feminist. But, I also know that as a girl there are some physical limitations and I can't protect myself against everything. It's the scary reality of working as a stripper. Things can go wrong, and when they do they go very, very wrong. I'm always on my guard because I don't want to take any chances. There is too much to lose. It's not just at work, it's everywhere. Who knows who I'll see where or when.

No comments:

Post a Comment