Thursday, April 19, 2012

Easy Money


I haven't written in awhile for a couple reasons. I've been tired. I haven't felt like writing. I haven't gone to work in a week. School started again. (I was on spring break.)

I went to work once this week. That would be yesterday. My regular was there and I really should work more often. I was trying to think of something to write about. There's always the "what I did today" entry. Usually that's repetitive and kind of boring. Plus it was a boring day. I was sitting talking to one of my regulars when I knew exactly what I wanted to write about. Easy money.

I don't know how often I hear "You should work more. It's easy money." Or "Wow you make a lot. I wish I could make easy money." Or my favorite "You have such a great job. It would be a dream come true for money to just be given to me so easily." Easy... That is not how I would describe my job. I would describe it as the hardest, most demanding job I have ever had. And I have worked quite a few.

It's always fun when I hear a (fat) business man complaining about how hard their job is... sitting behind a desk. And then they say they wish their job could be as easy and as much fun as mine. Usually I give the "You have no idea how fun this job is." Of course I'm being sarcastic, but with my smile and eye contact, they never kow. Every once in awhile, when they catch me on my mean days, I tell the truth and it goes a little something like this. "You know, it's so much fun. You have no idea how much I love having my boobs played with by fat disgusting strangers. It turns me on so much that I've gone upstairs and thrown up and cried because I'm just having so much fun. Being on stage, having hundreds of guys whistle at me all because I'm naked. Talking to men that are less intelligent than I am. Working my ass off for a dollar. Having my knees so sore, that when I get home my boyfriend has to carry me up the stairs because I can't walk. I love being called a mindless whore. And constantly being reminded that all I am worth to you is as a sexual object you can ogle. I love being so emotionally worn out that I can't finish my homework. It's really a blast when the highlight of my day is going home and taking a shower to get your gross smell off of my body. It's truly fantastic when I try to make love to my boyfriend and I am reminded of work. To top it all off I love that I have to sit down and talk and flirt with someone I can't stand for half an hour in order to make twenty dollars. And then once I have them in private dance they don't understand what the word "no" means. I love when people try to coerce me into kissing them, touching them, letting them touch me, having sex with them, dating them. I want nothing to do with you all, but I have to be here to go to school."

Okay, I'm a little angry at people thinking my job is easy. That I make easy money. I don't. Even if there are a few days that are easier than others. I do not make easy money. My job takes a toll on my knees, my entire body. It takes an emotional and psychological toll. My job is hard. Money is not easy to make. I do make more than anyone else my age and more than a lot of people I know. People need to keep in mind that the money has to also be worth it and a lot of days it's not. The money has to be worth the toll it takes physically. When I get injured I have to have made enough money to last for as long as it takes me to recover. The money has to be worth the emotional and psychological toll that the job has. The longer you're there the bigger the toll. Not to mention you change as a person, usually not for the better.

Is the money worth that?

No comments:

Post a Comment