Thursday, April 19, 2012

Behind the Scenes


Hello World!

Here goes my second post. I thought I would give you all a little bit of a back story on what happens behind the scenes at a strip club. It is a lot different then what some will imagine. My main motto for work is "My job is like gambling: some days you make money, some days you lose money." I am being quite serious. There are days where I have paid the club to be there.

There are two shifts at the club I work. There is day shift and night shift, and some girls work a double. Day shift starts at 3:00 in the afternoon and goes until 9:00 at night. Night shift starts at 9:00. Monday through Wednesday the club closes at 3:00 in the morning. Thursday the club closes at 4:00 in the morning. Friday and Saturday it closes at 5:00 in the morning. Sundays the club opens at 8:00 at night and closes at 2:00 in the morning. When I was working weekends I would always tell my friends I worked a 9-5 job, just the other 9-5.  Everyone has to pay a house fee when working. The house fee depends on what shift you work. Day shift costs $10. Night shift costs $25, $30, $35. A double costs the price of night shift. Working Sundays costs $15. If you're late you get charged extra. On day shift I don't get charged a late fee because I go to school and I am not able to get to the club the moment it opens, but I do get there as fast as I can.

On top of the house fee we have to tip out. We tip the DJ and the bouncers a portion of our earnings. The DJ, at my club, does not get an hourly wage and only earns tips. The bouncers make minimum wage and whatever we tip them. I always tip 20% of my earnings. The DJ gets about 12% and the bouncers get about 8%. I tip the DJ more because they don't get and hourly wage. If I have a really good day I tip out more. I like sharing the wealth.

As a stripper my job entails stage sets and private dances. For stage there is a set list of all the girls at work in a certain order. The order doesn't change and whenever your name is called you're up on stage. Depending on how many girls there are is how long our stage sets last. If there are less than four girls we usually do four song sets. With four to ten or eleven girls there are three song sets. When there are more than twelve girls we do two song sets. Every girl gets to pick out the songs she dances to. I'm known as the country ballerina because I always dance to country. I don't have to tell the DJs what to play for me anymore because they know me and what I will and will not dance to. There are three types of lap dances. The cheapest is a table dance. They are $5 and last about thirty seconds. These happen at the table. Private dances are the next step up. They are $25 per song. This happens in a private area. The songs are a minimum of three minutes and fifteen seconds. The next step up is VIP. These are measured by time. Fifteen minutes cost $200. Half an hour costs $300. An hour costs $500. This happens in a more private area with leather couches and a private pole. These are hard to get because they are expensive. Girls get to keep everything they make on stage, table dances, and all tips. Out of every private dance done $5 goes to the club and the girls get to keep $20. Out of VIPs the club keeps $50 and the girls get everything else.

On weekends I make my money on stage because of this I don't do very many private dances. I don't like working weekends or night shifts because there are lots of people, lots of girls, and lots of competition. I work mostly day shifts. Day shifts there isn't much money on stage, but you can make a lot from private dances.

I'm sure that was pretty boring. It was a long one. I had to write it though, so then everyone (if anyone reads this) will know what I mean when I talk about tip out, house fee, day shift, double, etc. Hopefully my posts will become more entertaining and less mundane. Maybe one of these days I'll get a question. (If I do I will be sure to answer.) Or maybe a comment. Or maybe just a page view, that would be a great place to start. Oh well. I'm happy at least be getting stuff out there into the world. It is more cathartic than I thought it would be.

Have a great day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment