Saturday, June 30, 2012

Toll

I have been working a whole lot lately. Every day for doubles (12-14 hours) like I have mentioned in some of my latest posts.

This past week it has started taking a toll on me. Emotionally it took a toll awhile ago (but thanks to my acupuncturist it, is hasn't been so bad). Well I was in on Tuesday. Tuesdays are hard days to work 12 hours because they are two-for-ones all night. Pretty much twice the work for half the pay. I try never to work Tuesday's because it is too much work. With London coming up in four days I've been working non-stop. Tuesday at 8:30 I started feeling really cold. The pre-fever kind of chills. The manager of the club sent me up to VIP to take a nap on the comfortable couches because I looked so bad. At 9:45 I woke up and HAD to go home. I took a really hot shower because I couldn't get warm and then I crawled in bed. When Jamie got home from work he didn't know I was home and crawled in bed and could feel the warmth radiating off of me. I had a temperature of a 105. I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain. I woke up the next day at 1:00 when Jamie got back from working at Starbucks. He told me I wasn't going to work that day. (Which was the smart thing, but I didn't want to agree.) I ended up having to stay home on Thursday too because I still couldn't stand up quite right.

Because of my sudden onset fever I had to lower my money making goals to what Jamie and I truly NEED for the trip... Sans extra activities. Now I'm at work and it's still really slow, so I'm stressing about making the bare minimum.

The other downside of working doubles at the club is I haven't really seen Jamie in two and a half weeks (except for the two days where I was in a fever induced coma). I come home and crawl in bed and fifteen minutes later he has to get up and go to work. We're both too tired to even cuddle we just hold hands. And when I work Thursday-Saturday the only time I get to see him is if I stop in at Starbucks after I get off work. By the time he gets home from work I've already been at work for six hours. We live in the same house. We sleep in the same bed, but never at the same time. Our house is a sea of ever passing ships.

No comments:

Post a Comment